Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Christie In Camden For 'Transformational Moment'


It was great to be with Governor Chris Christie in my hometown of Camden today for the launch of the Camden County Police, Camden City Division.
Camden Mayor Redd heaped high praise on Governor Christie as the Camden County/Camden City Police force was launched. Christie called this a "transformational moment" for Camden. 
"This was about responsible leaders recognizing undeniable truths" Christie said of this joint city/county endeavor. The new officers (who will eventually triple the size of Camden's force at no increased cost) are out to reclaim more that 170 crime and drug "hot spots" in my hometown. The effort comes with millions of dollars of state support. Bravo!
BTW: In my lifetime no Governor of New Jersey has been to South Jersey more often nor done more for my hometown of Camden than Chris Christie. God bless him!
And finally, let me say that I won't forget these poignant moments in Camden today -- this city which holds so many vivid, fond memories for me. Sitting in Malandra Hall in the city's Fairview section I recalled Angelo Malandra as a towering figure in Camden and someone who I proudly campaigned for many years ago when he ran for office. Yes, it was lump-in-the-throat time for me in Camden today.

No comments: