Friday, February 8, 2008

I Should Have Known

I should have known. Should have understood. Should have trusted the old adage that "Democrats fall in love while Republican fall into line."
But I'm a hopeless romantic. I thought Republicans just might learn to fall in love with a Big Personality - someone from a big city who acted boldly and sometimes brashly, whose life unfolded like grand opera, who'd take big chances and scoop up all the chips in the end.
And Rudy Giuliani did take big chances. As it turns out, they were also stupid chances, and he never even made it to the finals.
So, I was wrong. I should have realized that Republicans aren't known for taking big chances. They like to play it safe . . .
Read the rest of my column from today's Philadelphia Daily News by clicking here.

No comments: