Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ten Ugliest Cars Ever!

The 2001 Pontiac Aztek (pictured) has been named one of the ten ugliest cars of all time by Vehix. The Aztek was a mid-size crossover SUV produced by the General Motors marque Pontiac from the 2001 model year to the 2005 model year. The Aztek was most noteworthy for its polarizing exterior styling, which was a source of extensive ridicule from both the public and the press.
Here are the nine other ugliest cars:
1974 AMC Matador X Coupe
1958 (ford) Edsel Citation
1985 Yugo GV
1975 AMC Pacer
2003 Subaru Baja
1980 Chevrolet Citation
2000 Toyota Echo Coupe
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon
1981 Dodge Aries (and most other "K" cars)
AMC actually has three cars in the top ten. Maybe that's why they went out of business years ago.
I hate to have to admit this but I actually remember all of these cars. In fact, I recall my father being embarrassed that someone's Edsel was parked outside our house once. Nobody wanted to claim the Edsel. It was such a strange looking car that you almost wanted to cover it up; to shield it from public view.
My reaction: I felt sorry for the car.
But I wasn't sorry to see it pass from view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, my Edsel isn't ugly!
http://edsel.net/