Monday, April 25, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Exceeding All Expectations

The producers of the landmark film Atlas Shrugged, Part 1 say the movie is exceeding all expectations, opening in more theaters and drawing larger crowds. And the film-related merchandise is moving along briskly as well.
Here's an excerpt from the Chicago Sun Times which quotes producer John Aglialoro:
“People are hungry for what these characters are saying,” he said. “They’re telling the government, ‘Don’t entitle me with your gifts and your involvement in my life, because there’s a price I’ll pay for that. Just leave me alone. Let me hang onto my life and pursue my passions and rational self-interest. That’s what will benefit society.’ ”
Aglialoro said his “aspiration” is to make Parts 2 and 3, though he won’t determine whether it makes economic sense for several weeks. He spent $10 million of his own money to make Part 1.
Merchandise, he said, is helping the cause. When Aglialoro obtained rights to the movie 18 years ago, he also got rights to sell such items as T-shirts, mugs, posters and even jewelry, though not dolls, video games and other “interesting exceptions.”
Click here to read more.

No comments: