Saturday, October 28, 2023

The Wild Life And Tragic Death Of A TV Legend

Famed TV star Matthew Perry is dead at 54 -- way to young to die. Perry of course rose to fame on the TV show Friends which made him rich and famous, something he said he always wanted; something he was willing to do anything to attain.

But apparently it was all to much for Perry to handle. He had an addictive personality and became addicted to cigarettes, drugs, liquor, sex -- almost anything bad that you could become recklessly addicted to. Perry had several close calls with death and he was in and out of hospitals and mental institutions with a harrowing frequency. In his bestselling memoir Perry explains it this way:
I remember thinking: Man, no one taught me the rules of life. I was a complete mess of a person -- selfish and narcissitic. Everything had to be about me, and I matched that with a really handy inferiority complex, an almost fatal combo. I was all about myself from the time I was 10 years old, from that moment when I looked around and said, It's every man for himself. I had to be so focused on me just to keep myself together.

The above was written as Perry reflected on his misadventures and the analysis and therapies that followed. He remained reflective, he understood his demons; he just had the damndest time trying to overcome them.

From TMZ:
Perry was reportedly discovered dead in the jacuzzi of a home in Los Angeles’ ritzy Pacific Palisades neighborhood just after 4 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Law enforcement sources told TMZ that first-responders rushed to the address with the call first reported as a cardiac arrest.

They added that no drugs found at the scene and no foul play is suspected.
Matthew Perry had so much to live for. But he was a troubled soul and his troubles could not be solved by drugs, alcohol, tobacco, rampant sexual escapades and cheap thrills. Sadly, for Perry, therapy (and he tried a variety of approaches including AA) didn't always work either.

May he rest in peace and may his memory be a blessing!



No comments: