Monday, October 13, 2008

Reba 'Duets' Soars!

More than a year after its release Reba McEntire's stunning Duets albumn continues to break records and capture awards.
On this outing Reba sings with LeAnn Rimes, Ronnie Dunn, Kelly Clarkson, Trisha Yearwood, Carole King, Faith Hill, Vince Gill, Don Henley and Justin Timberlake, among others.
Two of my favorites are Does The Wind Still Blow in Oklahoma? (with Dunn) and Because of You (with Clarkson). Reba has been touring with Clarkson at sellout concerts all over the country.
It's no accident that this albumn was produced by Tony Brown who is the guiding force behind the career of so many country stars including George Strait.
Now, on October 28 Reba will release the box set of her 50 Greatest Hits.
But back to Duets: No woman in country music (and possibly no male or female singer in any genre) has a more distinctive voice than Reba McEntire.
From the moment you hear the voice, you know it: fierce and powerful, clear and passionate, a voice that could belong to no one else but the woman millions of fans the world over know only as Reba. So what do you do when you're the owner of that iconic voice -- and the embodiment of a genre-bending artistic presence that spans the worlds of music, screen and stage? If you're Reba McEntire, you find creative soul mates in 11 other amazing voices and produce a groundbreaking collection of music simply titled Reba Duets.
Though Reba is country through and through, as she sees it, amazing songs have little to do with genre, and everything to do with emotion and nuance. “I've been a fan of different kinds of music all my life,” she says. “I really don't like to categorize music. To me, there's only two categories: good and bad. And I try to sing the good songs, and listen to good music. When it touches my heart, and I can deliver it with all my heart and soul, then it's a good Reba McEntire song. In the end, I want all the songs to touch my listener's hearts.”

No comments: