Saturday, January 8, 2011

Governor Brewer: 'I Am Heartbroken'

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer commented as follows on today's shootings:

“All of Arizona is shocked and deeply saddened by the horrific tragedy that transpired this morning in Tucson.
“I have been in contact throughout the morning with law enforcement officials, as well as Tucson mayor Bob Walkup, and just a short while ago I spoke personally with President Obama. 
"The President conveyed his heartfelt sympathies for our State, and our shared determination to ensure that justice is fully served.
“I am just heartbroken.  Gabby is more than just a colleague, she is my friend.  She has always been a noble public servant.  My thoughts and prayers are with Congresswoman Giffords and her family, the Congresswoman’s staff and their families, and well as the other victims of this senseless and cruel violence.”

No comments: