Saturday, July 21, 2012

No, Voter ID Isn't A Human Rights Issue, OK?

From Christine Flowers at the Philadelphia Daily News:
I just got my Pennsylvania driver's license last month. It's a long, sordid story, but suffice it to say that failing the test when you're 16 leaves permanent scars, particularly when the embarrassment is compounded by having worn your Roy Rogers cowgirl uniform to the driving range (I didn't have time to change after my afternoon shift.)
Having that little piece of plastic hasn't erased the trauma of my 16th summer, but it's made it a lot easier to prove who I actually am, which is essential to life in an ordered and civilized society. Apparently, though, the fee that I paid for my license is a "poll tax," at least according to the nation's chief enforcement officer. Eric Holder, a man who has no problem putting weapons in the hands of drug runners (whether or not they have ID) recently stated that
Click here to read the rest of Christine's column.

No comments: