Thursday, October 30, 2014

Christie To Storm Survivors: 'I Love You!'



Governor Christie: Someone asked me this morning what my thoughts were today, and what I said was it seems like a lot longer than two years ago to me and I suspect you feel that way too. This has been a long, long two years and a long struggle, and I sat last night with Mary Pat. We watched some video from the days before, the couple of days before the storm and the day after and it’s almost like I don’t recognize that person who was standing up there talking and telling you to get the hell off the beach and all the rest of that stuff. It seems like so long ago, and that just talks about how difficult the struggle has been for all of us. Time doesn’t move as quickly as we might like it to, but we need to continue to hold hands together, to work hard together, and to show the strength and the resilience that we have in this state to make sure that everybody who needs help gets help. I’m going to keep doing that for as long as I’m lucky enough to have this job and I feel incredibly privileged to be the Governor of the state where I was born and raised and I thank all of you for giving me the chance to do that not once but twice. We love you. Thank you very much.

No comments: