Broadway musicals and Christmas have been going together for a long time.
And a good Christmas song is usually a sure way to brighten most any Broadway show. But, not all Broadway Christmas songs are bright and cheery. Some are a bit more gloomy.
Here are ten* of the best:
1) It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas from Here's Love.
2) We Need A Little Christmas from Mame.
3) Be A Santa from Subways Are For Sleeping
4) Hard Candy Christmas from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
5) Turkey Lurkey Time from Promises, Promises
6) Christmas Is My Favorite Time of Year from Catch Me If You Can
7) Lovers on Christmas Eve from I Love My Wife
8) I Don't Remember Christmas from Starting Here, Starting Now
9) A Greenwillow Christmas from Greenwillow
10) Christmas Child from Irma La Douce
*Note that we have not included songs such as White Christmas or Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas as these were written not for Broadway but for movie musicals.