Thursday, March 20, 2008

T--W--P--!

I've never thought of myself as a "typical white person" -- a TWP.
But hey, what the hell do I know?
Now I've been looking at a site called Stuff White People Like and it turns out I may be quite typical - or as typical as any unique white person can be.
This site says TWPs enjoy dinner parties (I do), have gay friends (I do), view tee shirts as an item of expression (I do, sometimes), like modern furniture in their "dream home" (I do). Now of course, there are some areas where I don't seem to match up: I don't wear outdoor performance gear. I don't like singing comedians. I don't have bad memories of high school. And, I don't hate big corporations.
So, am I a TWP or not?
This is important to me. I need to know.
Maybe I'll have to ask Barack Obama.

No comments: