Saturday, November 6, 2010

Deer Jumps Through Classroom Window

A deer seeking higher education got more than he bargained for this past week.
On November 3rd, at 8:55 a.m. a buck deer jumped through the window of a Dooling Hall classroom at DeSales University in Pennsylvania's scenic Lehigh Valley.
After crashing through the window, the buck began to thrash, kicking over desks and backpacks and scattering papers throughout the classroom. The commotion caused one student to exit through the window.
“I didn’t see anything until I heard a thud against the wall and then a huge crash, a black thing landed right next to me …. I saw its legs start kicking and knocking over bags and when I saw the antlers I knew what it was so I tried to jump through the bottom window, but since the blind was still down I banged my head on a metal bar before I landed outside. In hindsight, I probably should have gone through the big hole the deer had just made, because I cut my hands up on the glass that fell on the counter,” said the student.
In the process of entering the classroom, the deer injured itself severely. The buck was put down by DeSales University Police and removed from the classroom.
The student received minor injuries in exiting the classroom through the window through which the buck entered. He was treated and released from Lehigh Valley Medical Center.
A student asked for and received permission to claim the buck (six points, with estimated dressing weight of 130 pounds) for its meat. The Facilities Department of the University quickly worked to have the classroom back in use for the next day's classes.

No comments: