Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rice On Dismissal: 'I've Let So Many People Down'

Former Rutgers basketball coach Mike Rice has reportedly commented as follows on his dismissal today:
“Again, as I stated three months ago, after I watched the video, how deeply regrettable those actions, I also stated I was going to try and work on changing, and I think I’ve accomplished a lot of that. I can’t say anything right now except I’m sorry, and there will never be a time where I’m going to use any of that as an excuse or will there be any excuse. I’ve let so many people down, my players, my administration, Rutgers University, the fans, my family – who’s sitting in their house, just huddled around because of the fact that their father was an embarrassment to them. It’s troubling, but I hope at some time, maybe I’ll try and explain it. But right now, there’s no explanation for what’s on those films, because there’s no excuse for it. I was wrong. And I want to tell everybody who’s believed in me that I’m deeply sorry for the pain and the hardship that I’ve caused. Thank you very much.”


No comments: