Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christie Video: We're All One Of God's Children



New Jersey Governor Chris Christie speaking yesterday at the Passaic County Drug Court Graduation:

Governor Christie: I said back in July that no life was disposable and every life can be redeemed and I believe that. I believe that because that’s what God teaches us. 
And as I look out in this room and look at all these faces of so many different people from so many different backgrounds of so many different ages and so many different life experiences you’ve had that bring you here today, here’s the one thing that every person has in common: We’re all one of God’s creations. 
We’re all one of God’s children. And I don’t believe that God places creations on this Earth who are not redeemable. I don’t believe that God places creations on this Earth who have no value. I don’t believe that God puts creations on this Earth who we can throw away like the evening trash. I don’t believe that. 
Because every one of us in this room is one unfortunate step away from where these men and women have just been. Maybe not with drugs. Maybe not with alcohol. Maybe with something else in our lives but, we are all just one unfortunate step away. 
Think about that and how you would want our society to treat you if you were in their shoes.

No comments: