Saturday, December 14, 2013

Video: Christie Talks Granderson, Mets



Governor Christie: "Now we’re into the sweet spot, thank you very much. Well, I do think for Yankees fans it’s very interesting that Curtis Granderson is coming to the Mets and wearing Babe Ruth’s number, I think that’s particularly interesting. 
"Listen, as a Mets fan, the fact that they’re doing anything in the offseason to improve the team is a moment of great relief for me and to the extent that we can move north of 74 wins next year as a result of some of this stuff will be great and I hope that Colon at 40 years old—like I hope that he’s really staying healthy in the offseason, takes care of himself so that he’s ready to pitch 200 innings in the spring, but I’m happy with all the things they’ve done in the offseason, because I think every one of them gives us the chance to improve the team. And as somebody who spends a lot of time watching these games, seeing some better baseball would make my summer a lot more pleasant."

No comments: