Thursday, January 29, 2015

PA. State Treasurer McCord Resigns

Pennsylvania State Treasurer Rob McCord has resigned.
McCord submitted his resignation to Governor Tom Wolf. It takes effect February 12.
Chief Counsel Christopher Craig will replace McCord.
“Please accept this letter as formal notification that I will resign from the Office of State Treasurer, effective 5 p.m. on February 12, 2015,” McCord told the governor. 
“It has been the privilege of a lifetime to serve the citizens of the Commonwealth as their elected State Treasurer for the past six years. But with my goals at Treasury now achieved – and with a new Governor now in office to appoint my successor – it is time for me to return to the private sector, where most of my life’s work has been.”
McCord never had a good relationship with Tom Wolf. He opposed Wolf in the Democratic primary for governor and even after Wolf won the primary and general election, McCord apparently never really warmed up to him.

No comments: