Friday, November 6, 2015

Smucker Praises Pitts, Hints At Future Moves

Pennsylvania State Senator Lloyd Smucker released the following statement regarding Congressman Joe Pitts' announcement that he will be retiring at the end of his term:

“Congressman Joe Pitts served the 16th District, our Commonwealth and the entire nation with honor and distinction for decades.  With Washington, D.C. being known as a place of gridlock, discord and fierce partisanship, the people of the 16th Congressional District were lucky to have a true gentleman representing us in the Capitol who was deeply respected for his honesty, values and views.  Congressman Pitts is someone I consider a principled leader and I wish him and his family well in any and all future endeavors.  


“With today’s news, many have reached out to me to inquire about my future plans.   I will be making an announcement soon regarding my own political future and, in particular, my interest in serving the people of the 16th Congressional District in Congress.  However, today is about Congressman Joe Pitts and we all should be honoring and praising him for the countless years of dedicated, tireless public service he gave our great Commonwealth.”

No comments: