Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, O.F.M. Cap. will be the celebrant and homilist at the Midnight and Noon Masses on Christmas Day. The Holy Day of Christmas is a very special occasion for Catholics in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to celebrate the Holy Eucharist. All are welcome to celebrate the Nativity of Our Lord at the mother church of the Archdiocese, the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul.
The Jubilee Year of Mercy opened on December 8, 2015. The Cathedral is home to the principal Holy Door of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Passage through a Jubilee Holy Door is a sign of our decision to enter into the life of Jesus Christ and make the passage from sin to grace. During a Jubilee, pilgrimage to a Holy Door offers the possibility of obtaining a Plenary Indulgence under the usual conditions. For further information regarding the Year of Mercy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, please visit www.archphila.org/mercy.
Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
18th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Thursday, December 24, 2015:
- Christmas Eve Masses will be celebrated in the Cathedral Basilica at 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Music for both Masses will be provided by the Cathedral Schola and Instruments.
- Mass will also be celebrated at 9:30 p.m. in Spanish. Music for this Mass will be provided by a leader of song and organist.
Friday, December 25, 2015:
- Beginning at 11:00 p.m. – Cathedral Basilica Choir and Instruments will provide the Choral Prelude to the Midnight Mass with Lessons and Carols.
- 12:00 a.m. - Solemn Midnight Mass celebrated with music provided by the Cathedral Basilica Choir and Instruments.
- 10:00 a.m. - Solemn Mass with music provided by the Cathedral Basilica Choir and Instruments.
Additional Christmas Day Masses will be celebrated in the Cathedral Basilica at 8:00 a.m. with music provided by a leader of song and organist; and 12:00 Noon Solemn Mass with the Cathedral Schola.