With a little help from US News (and some strategic alterations) here are our choices for the year's really BIG national news stories, starting from number 10 and working up to numero uno:
10. Syrian refugee crisis and its impact on America.
9. The resurgence of populism.
8. The GOP holds the House and Senate.
7. The Orlando massacre.
6. The rise of social media and the continuing decline of old media.
5. The death of Antonin Scalia and the Supreme Court vacancy.
4. Violence against the police.
3. The Clinton scandals -- the e-mails, the FBI and the Clinton Foundation.
2. US foreign policy relations breakdowns, particularly with Russia and Israel. New crises.
1. TRUMP WINS!
Unquestionably, one of the biggest political stories in 70 years or more.