Sunday, February 14, 2016

Corbett: Justice Scalia 'One Of The Brightest Minds'


Former Governor Tom Corbett released the following statement regarding the passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

“During my tenure as Governor, one of the greatest honors I had was forging a friendship with Justice Antonin Scalia.  Justice Scalia will go down in our nation’s history as one of the brightest minds to ever serve on the Supreme Court, an unapologetic defender of the U.S. Constitution and someone I had an incredible amount of respect for regarding the principled opinions and decisions he authored. 

“I was fortunate enough to visit with Justice Scalia in his chambers when I invited him to attend the ceremony in Gettysburg to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the dedication of the cemetery at which Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address.   Justice Scalia spoke at that ceremony and his words were inspiring and illustrated his deep love of country and the United States Constitution.

“Susan and I send our thoughts and prayers to Justice Scalia’s wife, family and the many who loved him.”

No comments: