Thursday, February 18, 2016

Should The Pope Just Stay Out Of It?

Our dear friend, Christine Flowers writes on Facebook today:
I am not a fan of Donald Trump. In fact, I like him as much as I liked the cancer that killed my father. And his views on immigration (legal and illegal) repulse me. But the last time I checked, Donald wasn't Catholic. So I find it inappropriate for Pope Francis to imply that the candidate is not Christian because he believes in walls. We have enough problems policing our own misguided folk (paging Nancy Pelosi) for His Holiness to start opining on the status of non-members. Not that Donald reacted with grace (he has none.) But the Pope should stay out of other people's souls, particularly where this makes him appear partial to donkeys over elephants. After all, they were both invited on the Ark.

No comments: