Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hey! Listen To What The Good Man Says, OK?

"It’s just amazing to me how hostile the press is to everything that the President does. You know, I don’t want to be partisan in my comments here, but it seems to me that if we really are serious about our common responsibilities as citizens, we support the President whether we accept everything he stands for or not, and wish him success rather than trying to undermine him. We can clearly disagree with him, and I think it’s important to do that, especially on issues that count, you know, moral issues. Nonetheless, it’s important for us to at least hope for success so that our country can come to a better place."
-Philadelphia Archbishop Charles J. Chaput
Excerpted from an interview on the Hugh Hewitt radio program.

No comments: