Monday, February 4, 2013

The Ten Most Overrated Actors Of All Time

Who are the 10 most overrated actors and actresses of all time?
You might be surprised at who's been chosen.
Some of Hollywoods very biggest names are on the list -- some of the biggest box office draws. In fact, the compiler of the latest list says you have to be considered a great actor or actress to make the cut.
Now, remember -- the argument here is that these are not necessarily badactors, but they are overrated -- there is a difference.
Here's the list (from least overrated to most overrated) as compiled by Ben Shapiro of Big Hollywood. I've placed an asterisk next to the ones I agree with:
10. George Clooney*
9. Dustin Hoffman
8. Spencer Tracy
7. Katherine Hepburn
6. Gregory Peck
5. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. Bill Murray
3. Tom Hanks
2. Meryl Streep
1. Jack Nicholson
Well, as you can see this is a very arbitrary list. And while I agree with the rating of Clooney I'm not sure I agree with any of the others.
But I think the criteria here is this: Just because you're a Big Star and/or a Mammoth Personality, that does not necessary make you a great actor. By this standard, great actors would include only super serious actors of screen and stage in the tradition of Helen Hayes and Laurence Olivier. These are acTORS. They are arTEESTS.
To be sure, I've never been a huge fan of Tracy (without Hepburn) or Gregory Peck. But I don't think they were bad actors. And I totally disagree with the dismissal of Leonardo DiCaprio.
But that's what makes horse races.
Click here to read more.

No comments: