The New Jersey Hall of Fame today announced the 13 newest inductees to be honored at this year’s Induction Ceremony on October 22, 2015 at historic Convention Hall in Asbury Park, New Jersey. The distinguished Class of 2015 is:
- ARTS & LETTERS: authors James Fenimore Cooper and Anna Quindlen
- ENTERPRISE: Fox Studio founder William Fox, and philanthropists Lewis Katz and Bernard Marcus
- PERFORMANCE ARTS: legendary R&B band Kool and the Gang, and comedian Jon Stewart
- PUBLIC SERVICE: Medal of Honor recipient Jack H. Jacobs, and U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg
- SPORTS: baseball great Derek Jeter, U.S. Women’s national soccer team captain Christie Rampone, and ESPN college basketball commentator Dick Vitale
- UNSUNG HERO: Morgan Stanley executive Carla Harris
“We are honored to recognize this highly distinguished group of inductees,” said Bart Oates, Chairman of the New Jersey Hall of Fame Board of Commissioners. “Their achievements and the impact they have made in their respective fields are undeniable. They serve as an inspiration to us all.”
A total of 50 nominees appeared on the official 2015 ballot – 10 in each of five categories: Arts & Letters, Enterprise, Performance Arts, Public Service and Sports. Voting was open to the public and took place online at www.njhalloffame.org. The public voting, along with input from the Hall of Fame’s Board of Commissioners, selected this year’s class. Nearly 100 individuals and groups have been inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame since its inception in 2008.
The New Jersey Hall of Fame Mobile Museum welcomes thousands of visitors annually as the Hall’s renowned “NJ Field Trip on Wheels” visits communities, schools, festivals, and business-events across the Garden State. Through the power of images, artifacts, film and a suite of interactive tools, New Jersey’s legends are made accessible to every curious imagination.
The Class of 2015 induction ceremony will take place at the Asbury Park Convention Hall, Thursday, October 22. For information on sponsorship and ticket packages, please contact Amberle Gilroy at 908-698-9857 or firstname.lastname@example.org.- See more at: http://prmediarelease.com/new-jersey-hall-of-fame-announces-class-of-2015/#sthash.ktDDzKpn.7oNr2HF3.dpuf