Monday, July 19, 2010

Adler Town Hall Robocalls Often Way Too Late

At 9:59 AM this morning I received a robocall from Democrat Congressman John Adler inviting me to attend his Town Hall Meeting at 10 AM this morning at the Burlington County Institute of Technology in Mt. Holly.
Of course, it's impossible to attend a 10 AM meeting when you've first been notified of the meeting at 9:59 AM. And this was my first and only notification.
Even if I left the house immediately upon receiving the call, it's unlikely I would have been able to make the meeting.
And this is not the first time this has happened.
During the health care imbroglio I also received a late notification to attend a John Adler Town Hall. And the same sort of thing happened when I was on vacation.
The recorded messages always begin the same way. Adler, speaking slowly and deliberately, says "This is your Congressman, John Adler." He enunciates his name as if he is talking to a little child.
And then he tells you about a Town Hall meeting that you've essentially missed.
I don't know who's setting this system up for Adler but whoever is behind it is doing a lousy job.
Of course, there's always the possibility that these late notification calls only go out to those who Adler doesn't want to attend.
But my goodness, John Adler would never do anything like that.
Would he?

No comments: