Monday, July 20, 2015

Guess What Franken, Chris Rock, Said About McCain?

Here's what Al Franken (now the US Senator from Minnesota) said about John McCain in 200:
"I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don't buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I'm concerned he sat out the war."
Again, Franken said this to McCain in 2004:
"I mean, I consider you a hero, tremendous political courage, not, you know, the thing about five years, or five and a half years at the Hanoi Hilton; as far as I'm concerned you just sat out the war. I don't consider that real heroism. Anybody can get captured, right?"
Now, Franken (who used to be a comedian) says he made those remarks in jest.
And in 2008, comedian Chris Rock said this about McCain:
"I don't wanna vote for nobody who got captured, I wanna vote for the m-----f----r that got away!"
With all the controversy swirling around Donald Trump's remarks (which remain inexcusable) we just thought you'd like to know this.

No comments: