Tuesday, November 22, 2022

A Special Honor For Philly Archbishop . . .

 From Philadelphia Catholic Archbishop Nelson J. Perez:

“I was deeply honored to learn that Archbishop Timothy Broglio, the newly elected President of the Unites States Conference of Catholic Bishops, had appointed me Chair of the Board of Catholic Relief Services (CRS).

For more than 75 years, CRS has been a beacon of hope for poor and vulnerable families around the world. Its humanitarian aid initiatives are often the difference between life and death for those facing poverty, famine, war, and epidemics. 

I am deeply grateful to Most Reverend Frank J. Caggiano, Bishop of the Diocese of Bridgeport who previously held this position. His work to promote and defend human life while fostering a more just and peaceful world is truly commendable. I look forward to building on his efforts. 

In addition, I thank Archbishop Broglio for his confidence in my ability to provide counsel and serve the best interests of the poor and vulnerable. 

I am excited to collaborate with the other members of the CRS board whose hearts are on fire for Jesus and serve as His missionary disciples. 

I ask for your prayers as I embrace this role new role in service to the broader Church. 

May God bless you!”

Most Reverend Nelson J. Pérez, D.D.
Archbishop of Philadelphia

# # #

Editor’s Note: To learn more about Catholic Relief Services, please visit https://www.crs.org/

No comments: