· Failed to take action on the Opportunity Scholarship Act (S-1872/A-2810) which establishes a five-year pilot program to provide tax credits to entities contributing to scholarships for certain low-income students.
· Failed to take action on the School Children First Act (S-2881/A-4168) to provide for an educator evaluation system based on multiple measures of teacher effectiveness.
· Failed to take action on the Urban Hope Act (S-3002/A-4264) which provides for the creation of as many as ten “transformation school projects” in the worst performing districts.
· Failed to act on Charter Reform (A-4167) to provide critical updates to strengthen and improve New Jersey’s charter law.
Civil Service Reform
· Failed to Act on Real Civil Service Reform (CV of A3590)
o Legislature-passed Civil Service Reform failed to include the critically needed opt-out and furlough options for municipalities.
Sick Leave Reform
· Failed to End Abuse of Sick and Vacation Day Benefits (CV of A2220)
o Public employee unused sick leave and vacation payouts cost New Jersey taxpayers over $43 million in 2010.
· Failed to take up Governor Christie’s Ethics Reform Package, Introduced back in September, 2010.
· Failed to Act to bring Accountability and Transparency to the Legislature through Increased Disclosure (CV of A2768)
Shadow Government Reform
· Failed to Act on Bipartisan Legislation to Extend Oversight and Accountability to the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners and the North Jersey District Water Supply Commission.
· Failed to Act on Governor Christie’s Comprehensive Shadow Government Reform Legislation.
Directs that one sample ballot shall be delivered to each residence address where at least one resident thereof is registered to vote.
Eliminate eligibility for State retirement systems for non- government groups and associations.
Allows gross income tax refunds to be credited against a taxpayer's delinquent local property taxes.
Permits layoff plans as substitute for employment reconciliation plans for joint meetings or shared service agreements under certain circumstances.
Employee Discipline Reform. Limits right of appeal of disciplinary action taken by employer against certain public employees.
Concerns collective negotiations for school employees; repeals law prohibiting school boards from imposing terms and conditions of employment.
Authorizes executive county superintendent of schools to require implementation of shared services arrangements and to approve school district collective negotiations agreements prior to execution of agreement.
Concerns collective negotiations for public institutions of higher education.
Amends State college law to remove certain employees from civil service system and allow boards of trustees to conduct collective bargaining.
Authorizes the establishment of probationary periods for non-tenured faculty members at State colleges.
Amends State college law to allow boards of trustees to conduct collective bargaining.
Amends State college law to remove certain employees from civil service system.