- "Show Us Your Bling" aimed at women travelers looking for a group getaway;
- "Do AC Nightlife" geared towards the 21-35 year-old Philadelphia/NJ crowd looking for live entertainment and dance clubs; and
- "Taste of Summer" geared to travelers seeking great deals at one price with lots of perks. The new "Taste of Summer" hotel package debuts today at all 11 casino resort hotels.
"Show Us Your Bling"
The holidays are the most popular time for engagements. Soon-to-be-brides spend all winter looking at gowns and planning their wedding, which usually include a bachelorette and bachelor party. AC is the East Coast's premier bachelor and bachelorette party destination. Atlantic City celebrates bling and bliss with a new social media contest entitled "Show Us Your Bling." All recently engaged couples are asked to upload a picture of their engagement bling todoatlanticcity.com/showusyourbling<http://www.doatlanticcity.com/showusyourbling>, orfacebook.com/DOAtlanticCity<http://www.facebook.com/doatlanticcity> via the Show Us Your Bling tab. They can also submit via Instagram photos, Tweets and/or Vine videos with the hashtag #ShowUsYourBling by March. 14
One prize-winning couple will be chosen to win the Ultimate DO AC Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties featuring locations national audiences saw on the hit ABC national prime time series "The Bachelorette" with Desiree Hartsock, which aired last summer. With New Jersey now offering same-sex marriage, all engaged couples are welcome to enter.
"Show Us Your Bling" launched on January 19 with an announcement ad in the New York Times Wedding Section.
"DO AC Nightlife"
One of AC's fastest growing, non-gaming revenue segments is nightlife. Visitors are staying overnight, buying bottle service and coming with groups of friends. Now, Atlantic City shines a spotlight on its stunning array of nighttime options with a new advertising, social media and mobile marketing campaign, "DO AC Nightlife." For a tiny island a fraction of the size of Manhattan, Atlantic City offers a breathtaking range of nightlife and live entertainment options every day of the year. From bars and lounges to nightclubs and adult entertainment venues, there's something for everyone who wants to DO AC at night. And the fun doesn't have to stop at 2am when bars in other big cities close.
A recent study by the Atlantic City Alliance among over 2,000 survey respondents found that Atlantic City nightlife goers:
- Feel overwhelmingly favorable toward Atlantic City with 75% either very (38%) or somewhat (37%) favorable;
- Spend freely with 11% spending more than $500 for a night out in AC compared to 5% spending that much for a night out in Philadelphia;
- Stay overnight in AC with 69% staying at a casino hotel when they DO AC nightlife; and
- Make their plans during the month of their visit with fully 79% saying they plan their trip in that timeframe.