Atlantic City Alliance's new campaigns are:
- "Show Us Your Bling" aimed at women travelers looking for a group getaway;
- "Do AC Nightlife" geared towards the 21-35 year-old Philadelphia/NJ crowd looking for live entertainment and dance clubs; and
- "Taste of Summer" geared to travelers seeking great deals at one price with lots of perks. The new "Taste of Summer" hotel package debuts today at all 11 casino resort hotels.
"Show Us Your Bling"
The holidays are the most popular time for engagements. Soon-to-be-brides spend all winter looking at gowns and planning their wedding, which usually include a bachelorette and bachelor party. AC is the East Coast's premier bachelor and bachelorette party destination. Atlantic City celebrates bling and bliss with a new social media contest entitled "Show Us Your Bling." All recently engaged couples are asked to upload a picture of their engagement bling todoatlanticcity.com/showusyourbling<http://www.doatlanticcity.com/showusyourbling>, orfacebook.com/DOAtlanticCity<http://www.facebook.com/doatlanticcity> via the Show Us Your Bling tab. They can also submit via Instagram photos, Tweets and/or Vine videos with the hashtag #ShowUsYourBling by March. 14
One prize-winning couple will be chosen to win the Ultimate DO AC Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties featuring locations national audiences saw on the hit ABC national prime time series "The Bachelorette" with Desiree Hartsock, which aired last summer. With New Jersey now offering same-sex marriage, all engaged couples are welcome to enter.
"Show Us Your Bling" launched on January 19 with an announcement ad in the New York Times Wedding Section.
"DO AC Nightlife"
One of AC's fastest growing, non-gaming revenue segments is nightlife. Visitors are staying overnight, buying bottle service and coming with groups of friends. Now, Atlantic City shines a spotlight on its stunning array of nighttime options with a new advertising, social media and mobile marketing campaign, "DO AC Nightlife." For a tiny island a fraction of the size of Manhattan, Atlantic City offers a breathtaking range of nightlife and live entertainment options every day of the year. From bars and lounges to nightclubs and adult entertainment venues, there's something for everyone who wants to DO AC at night. And the fun doesn't have to stop at 2am when bars in other big cities close.
A recent study by the Atlantic City Alliance among over 2,000 survey respondents found that Atlantic City nightlife goers:
- Feel overwhelmingly favorable toward Atlantic City with 75% either very (38%) or somewhat (37%) favorable;
- Spend freely with 11% spending more than $500 for a night out in AC compared to 5% spending that much for a night out in Philadelphia;
- Stay overnight in AC with 69% staying at a casino hotel when they DO AC nightlife; and
- Make their plans during the month of their visit with fully 79% saying they plan their trip in that timeframe.
Social media plays a key role in the new campaign, with its own unique hashtag #DOACNightlife, and consumers will be encouraged to tweet, Instagram and post to show how they DO AC after dark. Consumers are also invited to participate in the DO AC Nightlife Twitter Takeover on Thursday, January 30 at 5pm with internationally-renowned DJ Nigel Richards. Twitter chat attendees will have the chance to win fabulous nightlife prizes.
"Taste of Summer"
It may be chilly outside, but it's heating up in AC! Atlantic City resort hotel casino and spas will remind you of summer during the winter with new hotel packages including summer fun amenities like indoor pools, spas, ocean views and summer cocktails. All of Atlantic City's 11 casino properties are offering a "Taste of Summer" Hotel Package February 7 - March 31 and will celebrate with sand sculptures in their lobbies and DO AC beach balls at check in for those who book the package.
The initiative kicks off with The Ultimate Summer Cocktail Party on February 7 where top bartenders from each casino will present their tastiest summer cocktail. More details to be announced.
"Atlantic City is a lively destination all year round," said Liza Cartmell, Atlantic City Alliance's President. "These promotions are designed with specific social media components included in order to showcase all that there is to do here even during the coldest months. We encourage visitors to enjoy the indoor pools, spas, restaurants, shopping, nightclubs, entertainment and gambling, and share their experiences over social media with their friends."
About Atlantic City
From sandals to stilettos and foie gras to funnel cakes, Atlantic City offers something for everyone. Enjoy world-class entertainment, dining, shopping, gaming, relaxing on the beach and strolling the historic Boardwalk in the city created to escape the city. For more information visitwww.doatlanticcity.com<http://www.doatlanticcity.com> or:
* Facebook - www.facebook.com/DOAtlanticCity<http://www.facebook.com/DOAtlanticCity>
* Twitter - www.twitter.com/VisitAC<http://www.twitter.com/VisitAC>
* YouTube - www.YouTube.com/DOAC<http://www.YouTube.com/DOAC>
* Foursquare - www.foursquare.com/VisitAC<http://www.foursquare.com/VisitAC>
* Instagram - www.instagram.com/DOAC<http://www.instagram.com/DOAC>
* Pinterest - www.pinterest.com/DOAtlanticCity<http://www.pinterest.com/DOAtlanticCity>
The Atlantic City Alliance was established in 2011 as a private, not-for-profit corporation whose primary mission is to develop and implement a full-scale, broad-based, multi-year marketing program for Atlantic City.
Post a Comment