There were lots of considerations.
And Mike Huckabee says there was a great deal of "deep personal reflection."
Huckabee says his family and supporters were ready for him to run and support was strong throughout the country,
But, in the end, he concluded: "My heart said 'no.'"
In addition to that personal heart/gut factor, here are the FIVE BIG REASONS why Huckabee is not running for president:
1. He's already a huge success. Huckabee's an appealing, certified, national personality. He's recognized and treated kindly wherever he goes.
2. He's a financial success. He's made a ton of money in his new role and can live comfortably and care for himself and his family. Life is good.
3. He's still got time. He can always run in 2016. The lessons of Ronald Reagan endure.
4. It won't be an easy race. It's always difficult to beat an incumbent president. Now, after the killing of Osama Bin Laden, Obama will be even harder to beat.
5. Huckabee's at peace with himself and at a good place in life. You can't put a price tag on that. It's priceless. And his future looks nonetheless bright. He remains highly respected nationally and in GOP circles.