Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Video: Tony Bennett Suggests 9/11 was USA's Fault!


Was the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center OUR fault?
Did the US, through its own actions somehow trigger the attacks in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania that occurred on that day?
Were we equally as wrong (and as culpable) as the terrorists?
Well, singer Tony Bennet seems to think so. Look at this video clip from Monday's Howard Stern show and see what you think.
Hey, Tony is 85 years old and a veteran of World War II. But he's long been an ardent liberal Democrat and, arguably a total pacifist.
And this time he really seems to have crossed the line.
In a later statement Bennett describes himself as a "lifelong pacifist and humanist" and says his life experiences have reinforced his belief that "violence begets violence. War is the lowest form of human behavior."
Bennett adds:  "I am sorry if my statements suggested anything other than an expression of my love for my country, my hope for humanity and my desire for peace throughout the world."
Tony Bennett is another example of an out-of-touch entertainer who doesn't know when to pack it in.
He's out peddling a new duets album.
You can decide for yourself whether you even want to patronize this old crooner. As for me, I'll pass.

No comments: