Saturday, May 25, 2013

Video: When Christie Met Snooki In Seaside



New Jersey Governor Chris Christie loves the Jersey shore. But he hates Jersey Shore.
Which is to say that he loves New Jersey's more than 100 miles of beaches with their boardwalks and soft, sandy cushions but he hates the MTV "reality" show that vulgarizes the shore with a bunch of young, dumb, foul-mouthed New Yorkers.
And none among the stars of Jersey Shore is more prominent (or more visually and audibly shrill) than Nicole Polizzi otherwise known as Snooki. Well, yesterday Christie got to meet Snooki when each appeared (separately, of course) on NBC 's Today Show broadcast live from Seaside Heights.
As you can see from the video above, the meeting did not go well.
Here's a rough transcript provided by the Asbury Park Press:

Snooki: Why are you standing so close to me?

Christie: Someone asked me my opinion...

Christie leans in extra-close, trying to be goofy.

Snooki can't suppress a smile.
 
Other woman I don't recognize: I'm from Jersey!

Christie: I know you are!

Other woman: And guess what, I thought you did a good job with the Hurricane.

Christie: Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Snooki: I just wanted to meet you, and just, hope you start to like us.

Christie: I appreciate it. Well, we'll talk about it. Good to meet you.

Snooki: Thanks.

Snooki walks away. After Christie meets JWoww, Snooki faces the camera for a quick one-on-one.

Snooki: He just doesn't like us.

No comments: