Sunday, November 17, 2013

Matt Damon As Public Schools Advocate: Abysmal!



We think the world of Matt Damon. We really do.
We think he's a fine actor -- immensely talented and appealing. He's starred in some of our favorite movies.
But when he advocates for public schools, he falls flat on his face. And this video proves it.
Like a lot of liberals he simply does not practice what he preaches. It's that same old liberal saw: Do as I say, not as I do. I know what's best for you.
Well Matt, you don't
But we still like 'ya. Just tread lightly in the political realm, OK?


JAKE TAPPER, HOST: Does that just come with the territory? I mean, I know actors can be, you know, used to criticism when it comes to your talents or cast in a movie. But when it comes to activism and ideas, it might be different.
MATT DAMON: Yeah, yeah, no, I think I…
TAPPER: Well, people said, “Well, you send your kids to private school. Why are you even involved in this?”
DAMON: Well, because I, you know, because I want the public schools to, if they were, if they went back to, if I could find my, the private school that I send my kids to is the thing closest to the public school that I went to that I could find. And that’s why I send my kids to private school. I wish I didn't have to, it’s expensive, and I also want my kids to be part of a, you know, their local community, you know, and not have to commute to somewhere else to go to school.

No comments: