Calling all fishermen and fisherwomen! Grab your tackle boxes and rods as the Atlantic City Alliance hosts the first-ever DO AC Beach N Boat Million Dollar Fishing Challenge with a chance to win more than $1 million in cash for the largest eligible catches over three days — Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 22-24, 2014, including the chance to win a $1,000,000 fish.
The event is free and open to the public, and participants are invited to register at www.beachnboat.com/DO-AC<http://www.beachnboat.com/DO-AC>, and find details about the event, including rules and exact fishing boundaries. Family and friends of anglers are encouraged to attend.
Anglers can register anytime through the last day (Sunday, August 22) of the Fishing Challenge event. Those wishing to qualify for the $1 million fluke prize must complete an additional online registration form at www.beachnboat.com/DO-AC<http://www.beachnboat.com/DO-AC> before noon on Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
Whoever catches the NJ state-record Fluke (current record is 19.75 pounds) during the competition will win $1 million, courtesy of the Atlantic City Alliance!
Atlantic City’s Historic Gardner’s Basin will serve as event central and “Base Camp” for the DO AC Beach N Boat Million Dollar Fishing Challenge. There, anglers will check-in, weigh fish and enjoy exciting post-fishing activities, including live entertainment, fishing products on display, drawings, giveaways and more. Lucky (and skilled) anglers can weigh qualifying fish at designated times throughout the event.
In addition to the $1 million fish, winners are eligible for prizes including first place ($5,000) and second place ($1,000) during the Atlantic City fishing event for the largest qualifying catches in each of the Challenge’s recognized species, including: striped bass, fluke, weakfish, black drum, bluefish, kingfish, tautog and sea bass. Up to $63,000 may be distributed depending upon the qualified catches that are weighed in.
Anglers can fish anywhere in saltwater, in and around Atlantic City — from the shore, a boat (including a kayak, canoe, private boat, party or charter boat), AC’s free beach, a dock or in the bays or ocean. A description of the boundaries will be available at www.beachnboat.com/Do-AC<http://www.beachnboat.com/Do-AC> in rules and regulations. Plus, they can fish for an hour, a day or all 54 hours of the Challenge.
Additional DO AC Beach N Boat Million Dollar Fishing Challenge Information:
· In addition to the three days of fishing the surf-fishing-only Beach Bonus Contest will take place Friday morning, August 22, 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. on the beach by Steel Pier (at Pennsylvania Avenue near the Trump Taj Mahal and Resorts Casino Hotel). Anglers who catch the heaviest eligible fluke, kingfish or bluefish will win $5,000 for each.
· Registered anglers can fish anytime from Friday, August 22, at 6 a.m. until the final weigh-in time, Sunday, August 24, at noon. An awards ceremony will take place with special presentations from the various event sponsors, including the Atlantic City Alliance.
· Anglers must check-in at the Gardner’s Basin Base Camp.
· Check in for the Beach Bonus Contest is at the Steel Pier station before fishing in order to be eligible to win prizes. The exact location will be announced on the website closer to the event.
Do The Challenge But Be Sure to DO AC
In order to take full advantage of the fantastic fishing and fun planned for the three-day event —including exciting weigh-ins, fabulous boats and the latest fishing gear on display, participants (and their friends and families) are strongly encouraged to stay in Atlantic City for the entire weekend. Guests can take advantage of the free beach and world-famous Boardwalk, as well as all of the entertainment (including several free concerts), phenomenal restaurants, casinos, hotels, spas, shopping, charter boats, party boats, kayak rentals, local tackle shops and other local attractions that the resort island on the Jersey Shore is best known for. A brochure and map of the hottest fishing spots, schedule, rules, sponsors and local businesses will be available. SeeDoAtlanticCity.com<http://www.doatlanticcity.com> for more info or to plan a visit.
About the Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Fishing Tournament
The DO AC Beach N Boat Million Dollar Fishing Challenge is a segment of the “Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Fishing Tournament,” a New Jersey statewide, season-long, inshore, saltwater fishing tournament. The tournament is supported in part by a grant from the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism. Participants must be registered anglers of the “Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Fishing Tournament” and can also register for that for free at www.beachnboat.com/DO-AC<http://www.beachnboat.com/DO-AC> using CODE: 9551. (Note: Weigh-ins from the Challenge will count toward the prizes in the annual “Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Fishing Tournament,” as well.)
About Atlantic City
From sandals to stilettos and foie gras to funnel cakes, Atlantic City offers something for everyone. Enjoy world-class entertainment, dining, shopping, gaming, relaxing on the beach and strolling the historic Boardwalk in the city created to escape the city. For more information visit www.doatlanticcity.com<http://www.doatlanticcity.com> or:
* Facebook – www.facebook.com/DOAtlanticCity<http://www.facebook.com/DOAtlanticCity>
* Twitter – www.twitter.com/VisitAC<http://www.twitter.com/VisitAC>
* YouTube – www.YouTube.com/DOAC<http://www.YouTube.com/DOAC>
* Foursquare – www.foursquare.com/VisitAC<http://www.foursquare.com/VisitAC>
* Instagram – www.instagram.com/DOAC<http://www.instagram.com/DOAC>
* Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/DOAtlanticCity<http://www.pinterest.com/DOAtlanticCity>
* Twitter for Media Only – www.twitter.com/VisitACpress<http://www.twitter.com/VisitACpress>
For destination photos and videos please visit www.doatlanticcity.com/mediaonline<http://www.doatlanticcity.com/mediaonline>
where new assets are available for download.
The Atlantic City Alliance was established in 2011 as a private, not-for-profit corporation whose primary mission is to develop and implement a full-scale, broad-based, multi-year marketing program for Atlantic City.