Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quoth The Raven . .

Once upon a Sunday dreary, as I pondered, weak and weary
Over how many ways our football team could screw up the season ever more,
While I pondered, fingers tapping/On my pillow, nerves now snapping
Suddenly there came a rapping, rapping at my chamber door/'Tis some relative I muttered, living on the same house floor
Only this, and nothing more.
Ah, distinctly I remember, it was there in late November
And I knew that we'd surrendered any chance for playoff scores/Eagerly, I wished for April, when the Phillies would be staples/And this damned and cursed wasteful
Team would be forgotten lore.
"Go away," I sharply uttered, to the seeker at my door . . .

To read the rest of "The Raven '08" by Christine Flowers in the Philadelphia Daily News click here.

No comments: