Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor's Last Tweets

Yes, Elizabeth Taylor had a Twitter account.
She was always up-to-the-minute.
And yes, she tweeted regularly at  http://twitter.com/DameElizabeth.
Her tweets show a caring, passionate women whose final weeks and months were filled with thoughts of loving, giving and reaching out to others.
She was also very proud -- proud of what she believed in, what she fought for and what she had accomplished in life. And she still lived very much "in the moment" but was still looking forward to the years ahead. She was not about to give up.
Here's are the final tweets, from July to February 9, her last tweet:
  1. My interview in Bazaar with Kim Kardashian came out!!! http://j.mp/eqQsGa
  2. @kimkardashian @harpersbazaarus Our interview in Bazaar came out! You look like a princess in Egyptian robes, love! http://j.mp/eqQsGa
  3. Every breath you take today should be with someone else in mind. I love you.
  4. Because then it becomes about yourself...which is wrong. Giving is to give to God. Helping is to help others.
  5. That is the thing that will give back to you all the rewards that there are. Don't do it for yourself, because then it becomes selfish.
  6. Give. Remember always to give. That is the thing that will make you grow.
  7. You are who you are. All you can do in this world is help others to be who they are and better themselves and those around them.
  8. Never let yourself think beyond your means...mental, emotional or any otherwise.
  9. I would like to add something to my earlier tweet. Always keep love and humility in your heart.
  10. Not at least until I'm dead, and at the moment I'm having too much fun being alive...and I plan on staying that way. Happiness to all.
  11. No one is going to play Elizabeth Taylor, but Elizabeth Taylor herself.
  12. Hold your horses world. I've been hearing all kinds of rumours about someone being cast to play me in a film about Richard and myself.

No comments: