“Summer brings a bounty of fresh produce Seasons 52 will use to create unique, exciting dishes ideal for warm-weather dining,“ said Cliff Pleau, Senior Director of Culinary. “The crisp, bright flavors of sweet corn, ripe blueberries, and juicy tomatoes are some of the prominently featured ingredients on Season 52’s new summer menu, in addition to freshly caught fish such as snapper and halibut.”
During the summer season, guests will enjoy new items such as:
- BLT Flatbread – crispy applewood bacon, organic arugula and tricolored organic tomatoes oven-baked on a flatbread, finished with basil sour cream
- Organic Tomato Tapenade – three-color organic tomatoes roasted with green and black olive tapenade topped with shaved parmesan
- Summer Basil & Parmesan Crispbread – classic parmesan crisp bread loaded with fresh summer basil
- Grilled Pacific Wild Halibut – served over sweet corn risotto with haricots vert in a spicy tomato broth
- Fieldale Farms All-Natural BBQ Chicken –with Yukon Gold garlic mashed potatoes and fresh roasted corn salad
- Grilled Red Snapper Piperade – marinated in achiote, served over jicama piperade and braised black beans
- Grilled Lemongrass Salmon Salad – organic greens, roasted corn, jicama and roasted red peppers
- Blueberry Cheesecake Mini Indulgence – double-crusted New York-style cheesecake with blueberry sauce and fresh berries
Master Sommelier George Miliotes will also add Lioco Rose to his “Drink These Before They Become Famous” list of handpicked, must-try wines for the season. In addition to this all-natural wine (meaning nothing is added to the crushed grapes--no yeast, sulfites or filtration), Miliotes is also adding two new wines available by the glass:
- Chateau Roustaing 2009, Bordeaux – This Cabernet Franc based blend highlights the lush, ripe fruit of the 2009 vintage and the complex aromatics innate in the Cabernet Franc grape.
- Wrongo Dongo Mourvedre – From the often overlooked growing area Jumilla in southern Spain this red beauty is all about rich dark fruit with a lush medium body.
Seasons 52 currently operates 17 locations in ten states across the country and will open additional restaurants in McLean, VA (Tysons Corner Center) in June 2011; Naples, FL (Mercato Center) and Jacksonville, FL (St. Johns Town Center) in fall 2011; Kansas City, MO (Country Club Plaza), Oak Brook, IL (Oakbrook Center) and Garden City, NY (Roosevelt Field) in spring 2012, and Santa Monica, CA (Ocean and Broadway) in fall 2012.