Thursday, July 28, 2011

Christie Leaves Hospital; Comments On Health

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was released from the hospital early this evening after a brief health scare. The Governor, who suffers from asthma, was lightheaded and had difficulty breathing. Christie said he felt tired after the ordeal but otherwise was OK.
Here are some comments from the Governor:
On the asthma and hospital tests:
"It's been a long time, I think since law school, since I had to go to the hospital for my asthma. Everything else checked out fine. There were no surprises."
On why he immediately went to the hospital:
"The first thing I thought about was my kids; when you have four kids you don't take chances."
On his ongoing weight problem:
"I think the weight exacerbates everything. The lighter I am, the healthier I'll be. It's one of the major struggles of my life. I'm working on it."
While he was in the hospital Christie did receive a call from Democrat State Senate President Steve Sweeney who recently lashed out at the Governor. Sweeney wished the Governor well. It marked the first time the two men had spoken in nearly a month.
We're so happy that the Governor is fine and we wish him continued good health.
We know that it isn't always easy to remain trim and healthy and we encourage the Governor to work on getting his weight under control. Yo, Governor: We love ya and we want ya to be around a long time. Be well!
Click here to read more.

No comments: