Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lady Gaga Really IS A Jerk!

I'm not a big fan of Jerry Seinfeld.
But I agree with him on this one: Lady GAGa certainly IS a jerk!
When I first heard about (and saw photos of) Gaga I thought she was a transvestite or transsexual. But then I decided that assumption was an insult to transvestites and transsexuals.
As for Seinfeld, he has his own reasons to deride Gaga.
Seinfeld became teed off recently after Gaga was moved into his empty box at Yankee Stadium without his knowledge or permission. Seems the honchos at the Bronx Zoo weren't quite sure what to do with Gaga who attended a Yankees game and started upstaging the guys in pinstripes and giving the finger to news photographers and TV cameras. In one of her provocative outfits, Gaga was all too center stage and way too in your face for the likes of Steinbrener & Co.
So they moved her upstairs to Seinfeld's box.
And shortly thereafter Senifeld unloaded via phone during a sports talk show on New York radio. And not only was a high-profile feud launched but it gained media-infused traction and it continued.
Daniela Elser reports from the National Ledger:
Days after labeling Lady Gaga "a jerk" and saying he hated her, comedian Jerry Seinfeld has revealed he is nonplused by the singer. “She’s talented. I don’t know why she’s doing this stuff. Oh please, wake me when it’s over,” he said.
Seinfeld Gaga Feud Continues.
Seinfeld Gaga Feud Continues.
The comedian’s comments come after the 24-year-old pop star, attending a Mets vs Padres baseball game in New York recently, was moved from front-row seats to the comedian’s empty box.
“I can’t believe they put her in my box, which I paid for,” he jokingly said during a radio interview on WFAN with radio host Steve Somers. “You give people the finger and you get upgraded? Is that the world we’re living in now?”
Discussing her dramatic public persona, the 56-year-old said: “I don’t know what these young people think or how they promote their careers. “People talk about you need exposure. You could die of exposure. I don’t understand how this is good for her.”

"This woman is a jerk. I hate her," Seinfeld said during the radio interview on Monday, perhaps . "I can't believe they put her in my box, which I paid for."
"I don't know what these young people think or how they promote their careers," Seinfeld said. "I'm older, I'm 56. I look at Lady Gaga the way Keith Hernandez watches these kids when they pull the pocket out, they wear the inside-out pocket. ... Do you think he understands that? He can't understand that. That's a new game, that's kids."
He added, "I'm not one of these all-publicity-is-good people. People talk about you need exposure -- you could die of exposure."
Seinfeld is right.
Gag-me Gaga is contributing to the debasement of the popular culture. I don't care how good a "singer" she may of may not be, she's disgusting.
And there's nothing new or original about her act.
She's a manipulator and an attention whore. And those who are buying her trash are actually feeding a vast and ever-growing public dumping ground.
The whole Gaga phenomenon is cheap, tawdry, visually depressing and malodorous.
Go sell it somewhere else.