And we're glad we did.
Why? Because the entire property is nothing less than enchanting.
Here's what we like about it:
1) The natural environment has been maintained. All the flora and fauna seem to be native to the area and beautiful cared for. Everything blends together in a soothing and harmonious manner.
2) Though this is a resort, it doesn't reek of that dreadful resort phoniness. By that we mean that no, they don't pump faux island/calypso music into the pool and adjacent zones and no, they don't force you to do the limbo or engage in silly organized activities.
3) The atmosphere is largely quiet and understated. The property is unto itself and self-contained. Guests are surrounded by the sounds of nature and spectacular views directly on the Chesapeake Bay. The sunlight on the water is dazzling and the sunsets are dreamy.
4) Did we mention that the food is good? There are a variety of excellent restaurants covering every price range and the crabs and fish are fresh and tasty.
6) Service is efficient and thorough without getting in the way. Nobody hovers. And, best of all the staff does not push you to eat, drink or buy anything you may not be interested in. No pressure.
7) The infinity pool (overlooking the bay) is mesmerizing.
8) The resort is family-friendly (which is fine by us) but children have their own play area, their own pool and their own organized activities away from the adults. That also suits us fine, thank you.
9) The rooms are spacious and soothing with soft earth tones, huge bed with firm mattresses and rich browns and tans throughout. And, the extra touches (granite counter tops, flat screen TVs and free wireless internet) are appealing as well.
10) It's convenient -- 2 to 3 hours from Philly or DC and not too far from NYC either. Plus, if you're lucky, you can even arrange for early check-in and late check-out and the Hyatt staff is very accommodating.
So - there are 10 good reasons to make your way here real soon.
Trust us, once you're here you won't want to leave.