Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Stigall Bows Out 'With Profound Respect, Gratitude'

Following is a special message from Chris Stigall:
If you have a moment...
It is with a heavy heart and profound respect for those who made our show their morning destination for the last eight-plus years I say goodbye to Talk Radio 1210 WPHT.
While my wife Christine and I weren’t Philadelphia natives originally, my children grew to know Philadelphia as home. Today, Christine and I consider it home, too. My time and friendship with you over the last many years has been the highlight of my career.
I’ve read athletes and others who’ve come and gone say this before, but it’s 100% true. Philadelphia is unlike any other city in the country. The passion, grit, and loyalty is unrivaled. You truly have to live here and live in it to “get it,” and thanks to you welcoming me in as you have – I’ll “get it” forever.
To our sponsors, friends, guests, and organizations we’ve partnered with over the years, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for investing in our show and trusting in me to deliver for you.
Most importantly, to you who have listened, driven distances to see live events and shake hands, spent money on tickets, donated to our charitable causes, stayed in touch on social media, and patronized the clients and sponsors who do business with us – my saying “thank you” just isn’t sufficient.
I call this audience the “smartest audience in all of radio” for a reason. You know the truth and you seek it and live it every day. You bust your tail for your family and your community. You care deeply. You’re informed. You command respect. And please know, while this may be sudden news to you – you have my profound respect and gratitude.
I part with the station and the team on good terms. All involved, both past and present have been incredibly supportive of me over many years, and I’m forever grateful for the long-term opportunity they afforded me. 
I hope you’ll continue to support my friends at Talk Radio 1210 WPHT. It’s full of good people who work very hard to keep you entertained and informed. It’s a valuable and necessary resource in the city of Philadelphia. 
As for me, today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the Lenten season. Now is the time to prepare our hearts, repent of our sins, and get focused on Him. Jobs will come and go. People will come and go. But what never changes, evolves, or leaves us is Christ’s love for us. 
Where He leads me, I will follow. When I know where that next stop is, you’ll be among the first to hear it here. Sorry to do it, but it’s the only cliché that fits. It’s not goodbye, just so long for now.
In the meantime, I didn’t get a “harrumph” outta you.

No comments: