Monday, January 26, 2009

Geithner OK A Disgrace

Monday night's confirmation of Timothy Geithner as Treasure secretary is a disgrace and an affront to every good, hard-working, tax-paying American who plays by the rules.
Timothy Geithner didn't play by the rules.
Geithner is a tax cheat, pure and simple.
I don't care how "brilliant" Geithner is. Nothing excuses his behavior. Nothing.
While most of us were busting our butts working to make enough money to pay our taxes this guy was moving up, hanging out with the rich and powerful, gaining more power for himself and playing by an entirely different set of rules - his own rules.
Bravo to Senator Susan Collins of Maine who said: "I cannot, in good conscience, vote for Mr. Geithner."
Kudos to Senators Specter, McCain, DeMint, Chambliss, Thune and the 24 other Republicans who voted "NO!" Extra, extra hosannas to Democratic Senators Feingold and Harkin and Independent Senator Sanders who also voted "NO!"
Here are the names and phone numbers of the GOP Senators who voted "Yes" on Geithner. Call them and tell them they sold honest, hard-working taxpayers down the river. Shame on them:
Corker (202) 224-3344
Cornyn (202) 224-2934
Crapo (202) 224-6142
Graham (202) 224-5972
Hatch (202) 224-5251
Gregg (202) 224-3324
Shelby (202) 224-5744
Snowe (202) 224-5344
Voinovich (202) 224-3353

2 comments:

mjloehrer said...

George Voinovich is quite an enigma. He confused the heck out of me over the John Bolton nomination to the UN then he does something like this. Thank the Lord he's retiring. Senator Hatch is the disappointment to me. I always considered him a leader and a man of integrity. I think my dialing fingers are going to be busy in the morning

Sean Schafer said...

“Hi I'm inquiring about the opening for Police Chief of dancirucci.blogspot.com. Are you still taking applications or am I too late.”

“Oh you are? Great. Arrests??”

“Nah nothing worth bragging about, (what movie? anyone?) just a B&E, one possession and a trumped-up assault charge.”

“Yeah that’s right assault, no big deal.”

“What happened? Okay, I'll tell you what happened. It was a big misunderstanding you see. I thought I was fending off a group of innocent tourists from an attack by a drugged-up psychotic kangaroo.”

“What? Yeah a kangaroo. God damn you are your ears plugged. You know the kind from down under. The boxing kind. Oh yeah they can punch you so hard it will send you right through a wall. They're dangerous I tell you.”

“Anyway, stop interrupting, as I was fending off this drug-crazed kangaroo the police unexpectedly and without any right arrested me.”

“After we got down the station and got to the belly of the beast it turned out it was just a big misunderstanding.”

“Yeah, that's right. Yup. Just a misunderstanding. It was me who was actually the one crazed on drugs and the kangaroo was a life-size poster for Dunkaroos.”

“Dunkaroos. You know, the little crackers you dip in icing. Man, you don't get out do you. Anyway that's where that possession charge came in. But other than that I'm clean as a whistle.”

“Yeah I would definitely be interested in the job. Okay thanks. Yeah one question. Can you be arrested if you’re the Chief of Police? Oh no? Only if they Mayor authorizes it? Okay great….HAHAHAHAH



Welcome Timothy Geithner