Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Romney: Obama's Attacks 'Demeaning To The Office'



I know what I’m running for. I’m running to get America working again, to get good jobs for people with more take-home pay. And the President seems to be running to hang on to power. I think he'll do anything in his power to try and get reelected.”  – Mitt Romney

MITT ROMNEY: “Well I think, if you look at the ads that have been described and the divisiveness based upon income, age, ethnicity and so forth, it's designed to bring a sense of enmity and jealously and anger. And this is not, in my view, what the American people want to see. I know what I’m running for. I’m running to get America working again, to get good jobs for people with more take-home pay. And the President seems to be running just to hang on to power. I think he'll do anything in his power to try and get reelected. I want to get this country going again. That’s what brought me into the race. And hopefully we can have a debate about issues and of our differences on issues and contrast in that area. But these personal attacks, I think, are demeaning to the office of the White House and the comments yesterday by the Vice President, I think, just diminish the White House that much more.”

No comments: