Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Newt Gingrich, Please Go Away

It seems that every time I turn on the TV Newt Gingrich is there commenting on one development or another.
I'm tired of it.
And I sincerely believe that Newt and a whole bunch of beat up old politicos should simply go away.

Newt was on top of the world in 1994, and with good reason. He engineered one of the most stunning upsets in American political history. But then he stumbled. And he’s never quite recovered. Now, he comes across as a weary relic of the Reagan era. 
And by the way, Newt's great feat of 1994 has now been eclipsed. Today, a whole new generation of Republicans is ready to take over. Ain't that grand?!
Newt says he will decide soon whether or not to run for the presidency.
I know he wants to be President. I know. Just like I want to spend every winter in Tahiti. Ain’t gonna happen.
Goodbye, Newt!

No comments: