Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sen. Diane Allen Appointed To National Post

New Jersey State Senator Diane Allen (R-Burlington) has been appointed a Regional Director of the National Order of Women Legislators for 2011. The Order is a non-partisan organization for current and former female legislators that encourage women to participate in public policymaking and to seek elective office.
"Throughout my fifteen years of public service I have worked to encourage women to participate in the political process and seek elective office at all levels of government in New Jersey," said Senator Allen. "I am honored to have been chosen by my peers to be a regional director for the National Order of Women Legislators, and look forward to working in the states for which I will be responsible to encourage more women to get involved in government. Women represent 51% of the population in America, yet fall far short of that kind of representation at all levels of government. I'm hopeful that I can play some role in closing this gender gap."
Senator Allen will represent the states of New Jersey, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, and the District of Columbia as a Regional Director. Regional Directors of the Order sit on the Board of Directors of the National Federation of Women Legislators, the Order's parent organization.

No comments: